E3 2008 may be off for a couple of months but that does not imply that information may not leak out to the suspecting and unsuspecting public.
Here’s a sneak preview of what to see from E3 2008 from all the major gaming companies:
1. Retro studios making a first person Zelda game based on the very first Zelda game released for the NES.
2. Crysis hits the PS3 console this winter, Xbox 360 version in development release unknown.
3. A “Flash” (D.C. Superhero) game is in development for multiple platforms.
4. Bioshock 2 staying Microsoft exclusive, they paid big bucks for the sequel.
5. Sony looking out to acquire a real big studio in the near future, Philly’s departure sets the tone for this industry gig.
A little information about Gears of War 2 for the naïve and faint hearted. The Gears of War 2 trailer at GDC was done in engine and was real-time. Need proof: Well have a look at the trailer one more time very closely to the point at which Marcus starts to run to rip our dear locust friend/fiend, the framerate drops a bit and then picks up once again. The various expressions that Fenix’s face exhibits during the course of the video was shown off a day or two before the actual announcement of Gears of War 2 and is titled “Mova Contour Reality Capture system”. Impressive is the key word to note here.
Lets “blow on all our games till then”.